Monday, February 7, 2011

learning a little more about rats and Dasie her self.

Let me tell you a little about Miss Dasie, my rat. Once a pond a time she had a sister. But when her sister had died I did see Dasie starting to experience depression. I was afraid she would be a goner like pearl. But to my pleasant surprise she got on with her life like I did. Rats have human qualities and are smart. “rats are extremely intelligent in case you haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing their smarts for your self.” –Adrienne Kruzer. http://exoticpets.about.com/b/2010/02/17/how-smart-are-rats.htm There mostly friendly, but like a rat they always have to be on the lookout for food. When it comes to food and rats there not picky. In fact they’ll eat anything that’s edible to non-edible. I kid you not my rat coco latterly ate part of my homework. She ate the whole corner of the page. Bu rats aren’t limited to food. They can eat what you eat and won’t get sick like a dog or cat. A rat can even have chocolate, (but only a little!) just like humans if you feed a rat to many sweets they’ll get fat. Feed them a well balance diet like protein, veggies, fruits, and whet, and they’ll live a long life. (and when I say long I mean 4 to 5 years long) in fact my ray doesn’t just get her own rat food; she gets my left over’s from dinner as well.
Dasie lives the life I my view. She plays in the garden, listens to me chit-chat or play guitar, runs around in my room, and she’ll even play with my cat (black jack). But now that Dasie is ageing she’s finally running into some problems. See Dasie has neurological problems. Somewhere along the line Dasie had a stroke and she now has the head tilt. All that means is the signal in the brain isn’t reaching her legs. There four Dasie can’t walk well nor climb like she used to. But each day I see progress in her legs. If you see what I’m saying then you’ll understand that rats are like me and you just in another form. They can’t talk and live in a cage but they’ll love anyone who loves them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment