Tuesday, February 1, 2011

rats as pets! (the backround)

I’d like to discuss why rats make such an awesome pet! In my short 18 years of living I’ve had four rats total, but now down to one. Each rat that I’ve ever had has never done me wrong. Not even the rat I currently own now. When reading threw my blogs I’ll keep you up-dated on my rat and the life she lives with me and I’ll also explain why a rat is such a perfect pet. But first a little back round to the rats iv owned and currently own now. I think along the lines while reading this you’ll see why I have such a passion for rats.
It first started with coco. She was white with a brown head and a brown line going from her head to her tail. She wasn’t my rat to begin with, she was my step sister’s Emma. Emma’s mother married my father and when she moved in with us she brought her precious rat coco. It was love at first sight. Coco grab hold of my T-shirt at the bottom and climb onto my shoulder. The first time I ever met the rat she loved my shoulder to sit on. It wasn’t long till coco was riding on my bicycle handles, touting threw woods with me , and sharing cream-cheesed bagels with me. My birthday snuck up and I was surprised with a rat of my own. I named her pearl. She was have hooded, have lab rat. She had white fur and a light brownish pearl colored head with a line going down her back like coco’s. Pearl and coco took to each other like sisters. They even rolled in the same ball together. But time went on and old age got the best of coco, peal was never the same after coco’s death. About six months later pearl died of depression.
I went about two years without any rats till the 8th grade. I bought two rats, they were sisters. Dyane and Dasie. Dyane was the outgoing rat but for unexplained reasons she died from seizures in 2009. I currently still have Dasie till this day. And now here I am blogging on why rats make awesome pets.

That's Dasie, that rat that is still live and well today.

2 comments:

  1. im sorry girl rats are ugly they deserve to die. honestly i kno rats are a sweet pet but dear god they are not really house trained. they are not like dogs and cats when they are loose they destroy what ever they get on. plus when your back is turned they can disappear on you. so i cant see myself having one no sorry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a vary intesting what else can these rats do so what made you pick a rat as pet and
    how miney do you own

    ReplyDelete