Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rats Compared to the rodent family.

The rodent family is quit a big family. But to slim it down to the main animals, there’s mice, rats, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers, porcupines, beavers, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. But in this blog I’m comparing rats to all the other rodents. Ill start with mice. Mice are most commonly used on experiments, as are rats. But rats are smarted and science can do so much more with rats because of there intelligent. "Rats have been used in experimental mazes since at least the early 20th century." -Anne http://www.ratbehavior.org/RatsAndMazes.htm Now squirrels I heard are fun and cute pets. I don’t have any experience with squirrels but they look like fun critters. Non the less there wild animals and they belong in trees and parks. Rats well much rather stay inside with you then be released into the wild. Its safer. Chipmunks are most famous for singing in high pitch voices. Enough said right there, leave them because rats are better. Gophers live under ground so I’m not to sure how they would hold up as a pet. But rats and gophers both like to burrow. Its how they stay warm when winter comes blowing by. So porcupines is something I no people take in as pets. In fact I wanted a porcupine before I ever wanted a rat. I cant tell you weather they make a good pet or not but I no they’ll hurt when there scared. Ok at first I couldn’t believe beavers were part of the rodent family but it makes since because they burry them selves like ever other rodent. Non the less there not made to be pets. There so wild, but so intelligent to! Hamsters. In my opinion are the worst of all rodents. They sleep all day and make a bunch of racket at night. There highly stupid and escape artist. And they wont come back! It least rats no where to get there food so they’ll always come back to there cage if they ever get out. Rats are loyal unlike hamster! Guinea pigs to me are just a bigger version of hamsters. No good. Gerbils are like the smaller version of hamster, still no good! Now chinchillas are cure as everyone knows. I have never had one as a pet but id love to experience owning one, one day. I don’t know much about them but I only want one because there so darn cute! (just like rats!) "Chinchilla fur is considered the softest in the world and is thirty times softer than human hair." -(unknown author) http://www.chinchillaplanet.com/chinchilla-facts/ 
Maybe I’m biases because I own a rat and I think there all better than the rest but Iv good reasoning. You can tell me what you think of owning anyone of these rodents.


flattened chinchillaThat is a chinchilla.

And those two wonderful rats are mine! the brown pass away about a year ago. the white one is still alive today.

3 comments:

  1. holy crap i didnt know that rats were this smart i also didnt know that chinchillas had so much fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very greeat topic i love it it makes me understand the differences in the animals now i cant wait to have a rat

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thank you very much. i did some heavy research on this blog.

    ReplyDelete